Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Featured Creation by Vivian

It's my favorite time of the year when stores start stocking Halloween stuff everywhere!  Although I confess that these days I'm not quite as heavily involved as I once was when I was younger (and my child was younger), I still LOVE checking out the neighborhood for everyone's spooktacular yard decor and checking out the kids' costumes on Halloween night.  So when I saw this fun project from Vivian Foo showed up in the submissions album, I just HAD to showcase it (OK, I had my eyes on this ever since she entered it into the 'For Men & Boys' challenge at AWCB.).  


Don't you just love this page from her art journal?  Lots of characters, all coming out for a night of mischief!  Love the less 'traditionally Halloween' colors she used on the Trick or Treat Boys image to make them pop against the darkly spooky backdrop.  You can visit her Facebook photo and read more about this project.

You can find the Trick or Treat Boys at the AW Etsy shop in JPG and PNG.  They come in at 2100 x 1500 pixels (7 x 5 inches / 17.8 x 12.7 cm at 300 dpi).


Be sure to join our Halloween-y challenge "Black, Orange, and One Other Color" at AWCB this week!  This challenge will come to a close on Saturday, the 15th, at 11:55 pm EDT US.  Not only is it fun to toss in green, purple, hot pink, or electric blue to traditional Halloween color palette of orange and black, this is a fun challenge even on a non-Halloween image.  Challenge yourself with a high-contrast, bold color palette and join!



And one more thing!  There will be a new release showcase right here on Friday, the 14th.  Hope to see you there!